Fundamental Disaster Response Course 2019
Course date: Mar – Jun 2019
|Funded by:||Organised by: Organised for:|
The 2019 FDRC enrollment start accepting registration.
The course is organized by DiMSc of HKCEM for the Hong Kong Jockey Club Disaster Preparedness and Response Institute (HKJCDPRI) aiming to cultivate interest and knowledge in disaster management.
- Key Learning Objectives:
- Overview and framework of disaster response
- Issues overseas emergency medical teams (EMT) need to address
- World Health Organization’s (WHO) specification on EMT
- Patterns of medical issues in different types of disasters
- Health surveillance in disaster
- Key elements in setting up field hospital, including WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene)
- Filed coordination in health operation
- Basic scene security
- Possible risks to EMT members at the scene
- Psychosocial issue in disaster
- Experience sharing
- Target audience:
Professionals in Health Care who interest and wish to learn the response in disasters.
- Training Venue:
Hong Kong Academy of Medicine Jockey Club Building, 99 Wong Chuk Hang, Aberdeen, Hong Kong.
- SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION SAFEGUARD PAYMENT
Successful completion criteria: Minimum 75% attendance and passed the tests in the course.
Individual students please attend to organisations’ requirement for eligibility to receive reimbursement. Some organisations may require prior approval before application.
- CME/CPD Points Awarded (TBC)
|MCHK CME Programme|
- Course structure:
Each Course will have a total of 4 full days. The delivery model will be target at set objectives with core skills and competency checklist. They will be delivered via lectures; discussions, demonstrations, experience sharing. Self-reading is expected during the designated study period with a minimum commitment of 3 hours reading per week.
The facilitators and trainers are from the region and cross sector including Medical doctors, humanitarian aid workers, specialist and administrator from the government sector.
The course would be delivered in English.
- Overview of training schedule (TBC)
- Weather Policy
When Typhoon Signal No. 3 or below/Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning is in force – course held as scheduled.
If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above/Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted at 6:00 am – course will be postponed and detail would be informed through email.
At 6:00 am, if announced that Typhoon Signal No. 8 / Black Rainstorm Warning will be hoisted before noon on day of class – course will be postponed and detail would be informed through email.
When Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted during classes – dismiss immediately. Follow-up wound be informed through email.
When Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted during classes/examinations – course held as scheduled.